Wednesday, February 8, 2012

charming delectable: chocolate chip cookies for love day

Is it bad that I absolutely *love* Valentine’s Day only for the sweet treats?  I usually do not expect to receive any special gifts from loved ones....and if I do....I hope it’s chocolate.  

When I was in the States, I would go to the store a day before and a day after this Hallmark holiday in order to stock pile my candy/chocolate supplies which would have run to critical lows since Halloween.  Naturally, my Valentine’s Day charming delectable would include chocolate.  

This is very easy chocolate chip cookie recipe that includes dried cranberries for that touch of red for Valentine’s Day....


{ingredients}
1 egg
1 package of chocolate chip cookie mix
1 ¼ stick of butter (you need more than the package indicates 
because we’re adding more ingredients, which will make the mix drier)
200 grams of coarsely chopped walnuts (or the nut of your choosing)
150 grams of dried cranberries
Optional: 250 grams of quick oats
Mix the softened butter, egg, cranberries, nuts and oats together in a bowl. 
Then add the cookie mix.
Put the cookies on a baking sheet and bake according to the instructions on the cookie mix package.
And voila...you’re done!
Love, Maryam

1 comment:

  1. These look so cutee! :) And yummy! I love your blog, can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete